Effective Date: 1 May 2019
Data Protection and Privacy StatementEnglish Champ owned by Literacy World Sdn Bhd (547171-P) offers various education-related products and services, including materials, training services and counselling to support learners, educators and parents/ guardians. This Data Protection and Privacy Statement sets out how English Champ collect, stores and uses the personal data collected via our website, marketing or market research. The protection of your privacy and personal data is important to us. If you have any questions about such matters you can contact us at [email protected] This notice is to be read together with any other privacy notice that we may issue from time to time and is applicable for all users of our website, whether you are a learner, parent of learner, or guest of the website.
What Personal Data do we collect?The personal information we collect from you will vary depending on the context of your interactions with us and the product and/or service that we are providing to you. It may include, but is not limited to, the following information:
- identity data including your name, date of birth and gender
- contact data including your home/work postal address, email address and phone number
- profile data including purchases made by you, preferences, feedback and survey responses
- usage data including how you use our website, products and services
- marketing data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us
- technical data including internet protocol (IP) address, login data, browser type and technology used to access this website.
How do we collect your Personal Data?We collect information about you when you:
- register on our website;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- register or attend an event;
- request products or services;
- participate in a competition, promotion or market research (such as surveys or questionnaires);
- provide us with your personal information from your usage of our website and any other information you post on our website, email or otherwise send to us;
- provide us with information in the course of our interactions with you.
How do we use your Personal Data?
We will only use your personal information in the following ways:
- when it is necessary for our legitimate interests:
- to enable us to supply you with the products, services and information that you have requested or that may be of interest to you;
- to help us in the development of, and to improve our products and services;
- to provide you with information about products or services that may be of interest to you,
- to invite you to participate in competitions, promotions or market research activities (such as responding to interview questions or completing online surveys);
- to send and show you marketing communications, on our or other websites that we partner / collaborate with from time to time (including social media sites where you are a member)
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you;
- to collect data about visitors to our site (for example browsing patterns) by using cookies,
- where you have agreed to this for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes; or
- where this is necessary for legal obligations which apply to us.
We may contact you for marketing purposes relating to our products and services, our website and events that may be of interest to you, unless you let us know via email to: [email protected], that you do not want to receive marketing communications. We will only contact you for these marketing purposes by electronic means (including but not limited to email, WhatsApp, and/or SMS) where you have agreed to this. Your agreement to the use of your personal information for these purposes is optional. If you decline your consent, your use of our website will not be affected.
We may invite you to participate in market research projects, such as questionnaires or interviews. We will only use your personal data for the purpose of the specific project to which you have consented. Once the project has been completed, all personal data collected will be removed from our system. You may refer to our Retention clause below
How do we share your personal data?
We may share personal data:
- within English Champ and its affiliated businesses and organisations which are owned by it;
- with other people and/or businesses who provide services on our behalf, in collaboration with us or at our request, on a need to know basis only including for purposes of market research;
- with government bodies, regulators and law enforcement agencies, where we are required to do so by law,
- where necessary for the purposes of preventing fraud and other criminal offences;
Access or Links to other websites
Visitors may be able to access other websites (not owned or operated by us) via links on our website, emails or social media. By accessing the other websites visitors will be bound to the policies of the respective websites which may differ from the policies of this website and of which we may not be a party to. We advise to review the privacy policies of the other website.
In addition, we may use advertising cookies. These advertise English Champ across the internet by displaying to you relevant English Champ advertising based on what you have viewed. This is done by placing a cookie on your device. Cookies allow us to display advertising that may be relevant to you.
You may have the right to: obtain confirmation that we hold personal data about you, request access to and receive information about the personal data we maintain about you, receive copies of the personal data we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal data, object to the processing of your personal data, and have your personal data blocked, anonymised or deleted, as appropriate. The right to access your personal data may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. To exercise these rights, please contact us by emailing [email protected].
Changes to this policy
This Policy may be updated periodically to reflect changes in our personal data and privacy information practices with respect to the website or your user of our services. We will indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated.
Law and Jurisdiction
We adhere to the Laws of Malaysia, including the Personal Data Protection Act 2010. By accessing this website visitors agree to be bound to the Laws of Malaysia and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Malaysia.